Friday, September 27, 2019

9A- Testing the Hypothesis Part 2

Who: After five more interviews, I discovered that some people and businesses fall outside the boundary even though the opportunity could benefit them in the long run. The people that fall outside of the boundary are those who are simply not interested in the alternative product whether it be that they want to stop vaping completely or if they do not care about the health risks and continue to use their usual products. The businesses that fall outside the boundary are those who have already put out their seemingly harmless products.

What: I think that my need differs from others in that even though it does not solve the entire problem with the vaping culture in our society, it will save lives in the long run. With something as prevalent as vaping in our society, a change needs to be made for the better. Interviewee #4 shed some light on the issue and I could not have agreed more with what he said. He told me how he believed that vaping will be part of our society for a very long time and that even if these devices are banned, people will find a way around it like they do with so many other things.

Why: Those outside the boundary are those who do not feel the need to commit to this product for whatever reason. They might feel that the products they use or the products they sell are not actually all that harmful. Others might not be interested in the existence of nicotine at all. The people and businesses inside the boundary are those willing to trust this new product and also know the importance and longevity a product like this can sustain.

Inside the Boundary:
-Who is In: Those interested in a safer alternative to cigarettes/electronic cigarettes
- What the Need is: The need for a safer way to consume nicotine
-Why the Need Exists: Nicotine/Vaping is something that will not diminish quickly whatsoever and people are being harmed by these products and an alternative must be made

Outside the Boundary:
-Who is Not: Businesses who believe they already have found the solution to vaping or people who are not interested in this market.
-What the Need is Not: This need does not fulfill or satisfy the solution to end vaping or nicotine consumption. It simply reduces the risk of it.
-Alternative Explanations:  N/A


















1 comment:

  1. Hi Michael, I agree with interview number 4. It is good insight into why the opportunity exists, and hence why you should exploit it. My interviews also gave me good insight into why I could expand my opportunity more, and how I should go around problems. I wish I had some more specific info on the interviews, but you got good data onto the opportunity, shown clearly in the table.

    ReplyDelete