1. You- My name is Michael Lombardo and I am a second year at the University of Florida. I have very few useful skills but people have said before that I am a very convincing person. As someone who has used nicotine before and also who has many friends who still use electronic cigarettes, I know people will do almost anything for their fix of nicotine as sad as that sounds. My main goal is for this product to hopefully end up saving people's lives in the long run or at least give them a healthier option with little to no health risks.
2. What are you Offering to Customers?- My product is an alternative to any and all consumption methods of nicotine. Recently, it was discovered that the supposedly harmless electronic cigarettes were actually causing major health causes in many teens and even ended up killing several people. As we all know cigarettes contain black tar in them that can cause cancer. Dip, or chew, can cause cavities, receding gums, and teeth staining. I actually have a friend who had to get a tooth pulled due to his consumption of dip. The point of me saying all this is that there is no harmless way of consuming nicotine as of right now.
3. Who are you Offering it To?- I am offering this product to basically anyone who is looking for a better alternative, but my main demographic would be teenagers and other young adults who have used these products before as well as those who previously smoked cigarettes.
4. Why do they Care?- I sort of already answered this question in #2, but customers should hopefully care about their health. If proven healthy by the FDA, I believe that customers would flock to this product. I say this due to the fact that it was recently exposed that JUUL never received an appropriate FDA order for the company to claim that their product was "much safer than cigarettes".
5. What are your Core Competencies?- I think what sets me apart from others is simply my experience with nicotine as well as finding people to sell to. It would be quite easy to find customers for my product on a college campus. I also have several friends who are really into lab work and could become great connections looking into the future.
I believe that my product would sell in the market, but I do realize that some aspects of my business concept are still quite weak and have gaps in them. For one, there might not be any way of making nicotine completely healthy. It might be impossible for all we know, but I feel that it is a problem worth observing and examining more. Another issue is that I really have no clear advantages over any competitors.
Hey Michael!
ReplyDeleteIntroducing yourself as someone who previously would’ve been a potential consumer for your product is really helpful in giving you a better understanding of what the product needs and how you can make it the most useful. With the goal of creating a healthier alternative for consumers, I think that satisfies the condition of an unmet need for a lot of people and will increase the demand for your product.
Hey Michael, I think your product is a great idea if it can actually be done. I know so many people who fiend off of nicotine, but always complain about how they want to quit because its so bad for you. I think people would flock to your idea, and they wouldn't be doing so at the detriment of their own health. One obstacle I think you may face is the vaping bans in multiple states that recently passed, but hopefully it doesn't pass in Florida anytime soon.
ReplyDeleteHey Michael, I enjoyed reading your post. I believe when people develop a product they are personally connected to, can lead to a passion to make their product help others. Many people are very dependent on nicotine, and it has resulted in many harmful effects. By creating an healthier alternative, it will not only aid in health development, but also bring awareness.
ReplyDelete