
My Entrepreneurship Story
Entrepreneurship has always been a part of my life whether I knew it or not. As a kid, I would always try to make money. At the age of 12, I wanted a way to make money over the summer. A lemonade stand would have sufficed and made me a good amount of money, but I wanted something bigger. My sister and I went to the local Wal-mart and noticed a BOGO for 12-packs of soda. To make a long story short, we set up a soda stand that had 9 different beverage options. We decided to sell each can for 50 cents. This turned out to be a good decision because business was popping. Customers were attracted to the insane deals and would usually end up paying a dollar because they had no change. Also, customers would often tip (I was a good looking 12 year old). I set up this stand around 25 times that summer and was definitely the best decision my 12 year old mind could ever come up with. I ended that summer with a $600 profit (no lie) and very satisfied customers.
I decided to take ENT3003 because I am very interested in entrepreneurship and I am not opposed to becoming a business owner in the future. As someone who loves making money, I want to learn how to use my money wisely and strategically especially when it comes to starting up a business. I hope this course teaches me when to take risks and when to not take risks and how to make the most of any financial situation.
Hey Michael, I think that level of business strategy from a 12 year old is very impressive! If I saw a stand selling sodas for 50c each in the hot Florida sun, I'd definitely take one or two, so its an idea with clear and wide appeal. I never made anywhere near $60 when I was that young, maybe you should give me some entrepreneurship tips.
ReplyDeleteHi Michael, I totally understood where you were coming from with this assignment. I started working at a young age and money as always intrigued me. Twelve years old is very young age to be worried about money, but I was the same way. I always hear about lemonade stands and I am glad it actually worked out for you. Thank you for sharing Michael!
ReplyDeleteRebekah