Friday, September 20, 2019

8A- Solving the Problem

The opportunity I selected was the consumption of nicotine mainly through the usage of electronic cigarettes. The issue at hand is that these companies claim that their products are harmless when in fact they can cause serious health issues and even death.

A product that could solve this problem indefinitely would be a electronic cigarette of some type that is 100% harmless. Companies such as JUUL saw an opportunity with how harmful cigarette smoking is and all of the extreme health risks people take just to get their nicotine fix. They took that opportunity and made their seemingly harmless product whose tagline is "The Alternative to Adult Smoking". Now that JUUL has been proven harmful, there is an opportunity to fix this problem yet again. I think that a proven harmless alternative to these products would save many lives and keep these consumers happy.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Michael, I agree that the cigarette/e-cigarette industry still has large opportunities. People are increasingly becoming more health conscious and would love to find alternatives that are more health friendly. I think diving into an “e-cigarette” that is harmless would generate interest among those that enjoy smoking to “calm nerves” but do not want to end up with serious health complications. This would also open a market for people who never smoked but would like to try this harmless alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michael,

    It was interesting to hear you further expand on the opportunity surrounding the e cigarette industry that you identified. I think a company that produces 100% harmless electronic cigarettes is a great idea. Since so many kids use electronic cigarettes, I think there would be a huge market for this product, and it'd be very successful. Thank you for sharing your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Michael,

    I think with the huge increase in vaping in recent years, its increasingly important to have e-cigarettes which don't have harmful chemicals. Especially given the current outcry to ban flavored vapes, if there was a vape that was proven to be 100% harmless and not contain any type of dangerous chemicals, I think people would flock to it and it would be a very large name product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Michael, I enjoyed reading your post. I am glad your solution to take action will potentially bring awareness and an effective change to nicotine use. You have done a lot of research, which will be key in creating an effective product. Hopefully you will find out more information that positively aid your process. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete