Thursday, November 21, 2019

26A- Celebrating Failure

I might just be speaking for myself, but I feel that failure, to some degree, has been experienced by almost every college student more than once. This past semester I experienced failure more than once. The most notable time being when I forgot to submit one of my larger assignments for my Macroeconomics class. It was one of the writing assignments and it was very important for me not to screw this one up. Instead of simply not doing well on the assignment, I got a 0 on it. This was quite a failure for me since it is very probable that this 0 will drop me a letter grade down. As punishment for this silly act, I ate a whole raw onion.

I learned that I need to be more attentive to when assignments are due, not just for macroeconomics, but for every class. It is very easy to get lazy and forget when things are due. I have now started to make a calendar for when all my quizzes and assignments are due in order to help me remember. I believe this will help me tremendously in all my classes.

Failure is something that all people experience, some more than others. Failure can range from minor inconveniences to gargantuan issues. I see failure as something that everyone needs to go through in order to become a overall stronger and better person. I handle failure as many people do. I mourn and get upset at myself usually. After a day or two, I realize that I need to be better and strive to form a strategy that prevents me from failing in a similar way again. This class has changed my perspective on failure though especially when it comes to business ventures. I now know that a huge percentage of business ventures initially fail and that it is normal. This class has definitely made me want to take more risks in my daily life. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Michael,
    It's good to recognize when you fail at something in order to prevent it from happening again. I think the classroom is a good place to fail and experiment since it's a relatively insulated environment. A mistake such as forgetting to submit a project for a real job most likely would have larger ramifications. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michael!
    Time management and task management are two of the largest things I struggle with, and also two of the most important things that help with success in college. It is so unfortunate that you missed such an important assignment in your Macroeconomics class, but I’ve found that especially when I have a lot going on or multiple things to balance, to-do lists are so helpful and can make you feel really accomplished when everything is done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Michael, I agree that to some extent failure has been suffered by all college students. Whether its a deadline we forgot or a college we applied to and didnt get in to, it's definitely common for us to fail. I agree that this type of failure makes us stronger and teaches us lessons that we otherwise wouldn't have learned.

    ReplyDelete