Thursday, October 10, 2019

14A- Halfway Reflection

1. To keep up with the requirements of this course, I have increased my time management skills a ton. I usually procrastinate a lot and this class as well as others have forced me to stay on top of everything.

2. There was one night in particular that I really felt like giving up. I had several assignments due in most of my classes and I was slightly overwhelmed with it all. I simply did not feel like completing the assignments for this course. What pulled me through was my overall interest for the course and the fact that I cannot afford to be lazy. I do not necessarily feel that I have recently developed a tenacious attitude or anything, but I am rather determined to better myself everyday. The main influence on my recent determination is that I am striving for better grades this semester.

3. 3 Tips:
a. Be prepared to think outside the box.
b. In order to develop a tenacious mindset, you must set your goals and be prepared to achieve them.
c. Never wait until the last minute to accomplish anything


Image result for determination

6 comments:

  1. Hi Michael, I have a very similar post. I like how you stated that the reason you do not fall behind is because you are interested in the course and want to continue learning from it. I also stated that you cannot afford to be lazy, not in this class, nor in any class, much less in life. Your first tip is very simple but very to the point, think outside the box. Sometimes we naturally forget to do this. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Michael, my tips were very alike to yours. I think we all agree that time management is crucial in this course due to the heavy course load. I really agree with your point of thinking outside of the box. Creativity is the key in these blog post in order to give yourself things to write about. If all of our post lacked uniqueness we would not have much to reply to. Thanks for sharing Michael, good job!

    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Michael, I agree that time management is the biggest key to this class. If you procrastinate all of the assignments up until the last minute, is can be very difficult to actually finish them on time, especially since some of them are much longer than others. However, if you manage time well and get the assignments done ahead of time, I believe this class will actually not be very difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Michael!
    I completely agree with your statement regarding increasing time management. I talked a lot about how the assignments and due dates of this course have taught me to stay on top of things and especially with the aspects of the course that require preparation, like the interviews, I’ve found that I’ve gotten a lot better at minimizing my bad procrastination habits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michael,
    It was great to read what your thoughts were about this course now that we're halfway through it. I enjoyed how your split your post up into paragraphs labeled with numbers. It made it easy to understand and follow. I thought the picture you chose did a good job representing the course. I agree with the tips that you outlined.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Michael, I enjoyed reading your post. I believe your advice will be very helpful to students in the near future. In order for them toi succeed, it is necessary to add those influential words of advice to their own. Great post!

    ReplyDelete